Moody Blues - Luxe Decoupage Paper - 40gsm
Large - 57cm x 60.8cm or 22.44" x 23.94"
Medium - 40cm x 42.7cm or 15.75" x 16.81"
Our top tips for our Luxe Decoupage Paper 40gsm application:
- When designing your piece using decoupage paper, remember that all true decoupage papers are transparent. A brightly coloured or white background will give a clear, crisp image once the glue has dried. A dark background will dull the image to create a moody or softer look.
- We recommend the wet decoupage method over other traditional methods when using our Luxe Decoupage Papers for best results, as follows:-
- When starting to apply your Luxe Decoupage Paper, work in 10cm sections at a time.
- Add a THIN layer of glue or topcoat to your project.
- Mist the back of your Luxe Decoupage Paper with a spritz of water. This creates suction when the paper is applied and should eliminate most wrinkles.
- Place the top edge of your Luxe decoupage paper on to the glued area of the project.
- Take your blue applicator tool (cheap as chips and an invaluable tool), or a balled piece of glad wrap/saran wrap/cling film to smooth the Luxe Decoupage Paper over the glued area working from the top down or the middle to the outside edge.
- Move to the next section of the Luxe Decoupage Paper adding another THIN layer of glue or topcoat to your project, spritzing with water if needed, then again using our blue applicator tool to smooth the Luxe Decoupage Paper over the glued area working from the top down or the middle to the outside edge. Repeat until you have adhered the entire Luxe Decoupage Paper to your project.
- Once dry, seal with a clear water based top coat to protect your Luxe Decoupage Paper. You can then paint and blend over the edges of the Luxe Decoupage Papers to soften them.
- Remember! THIN coat of adhesive, spritz with water and smooth with our blue applicator tool. It's as easy as that!
DON'T FORGET YOUR BLUE APPLICATOR TOOL! IT'S INVALUABLE!
Always seal with a water based sealer or topcoat!
Please share your work using ADT's products in our Facebook group, Aussie Decor Transfers Creative Club. We love to see your creations!