Hi everyone, it’s Sarah here to show you some more crafting ideas!
For this project, I experimented with cutting up the poster and mixing it up with some other printed papers, ribbons and fabric to create a mixed media decorated gift bag and card.
There are NO RULES for how you do this! – I just made it up as I went along.
Here are the bits'n'pieces I started with:
- Pink Heliconias poster (small)
- A plain paper bag and gift card
- Some pieces of Aussie Décor decoupage papers (you can use any pieces of printed paper or tissue paper)
- A few scraps of lace fabric
- A ribbon and a couple of small wooden craft bits and pieces
- Scissors and glue (I like to use a fairly strong glue for posters)
If you haven’t seen the Pink Heliconias poster before, it’s very pretty and vibrant!
Firstly, I cut out one of the pink blooms to experiment with making a gift card.
Next, I cut out rectangles of the remaining poster to glue onto my paper bag. I experimented with layering the poster with small scraps of decoupage paper and lace. I love mixing fabrics and papers and seeing how it turns out💟.
I finished off with a few small wooden craft heart décor pieces and a ribbon on the handles.
Here is the final result. What do you think? It was a very quick and easy project and adds a nice personal touch to a gift for a loved one.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project and that I’ve given you some ideas for using some of the beautiful Aussie Décor Transfers beautiful for your own crafts.
Thanks for reading! Sarah 😊